Continental Competition Tubular Road Tire
The perennial WorldTour favourite
- the ideal combination of comfort, puncture protection and low rolling resistance
- perfect all-rounder with ProTour-proven construction
- excellent puncture protection thanks to Vectran™ puncture protection insert
- excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
A new relationship between grip and rolling resistance
- This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in our German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres.
- BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds.
- Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.
The benchmark in puncture protection Vectran™ is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran™ is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP).Vectran™ is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran™ has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
About Continental Corporation
Continental was founded in Hanover in 1871 as the stock corporation “Continental-Caoutchouc- und Gutta-Percha Compagnie”. Manufacturing at the main factory in Hanover included soft rubber products, rubberized fabrics, and solid tires for carriages and bicycles. In 1898, initial successes in development and production were celebrated with the production of automobile pneumatic tires with a plain tread. At the turn of the century Continental balloon fabric was used to seal the gas cells of the first German airship. In 1904 Continental became the first company in the world to develop grooved tires for automobiles, in 1905 we commenced production of rivet anti-skid tires, similar to the later studded tires, and three years later we invented the detachable wheel rim for touring cars. In 1909, French aviator Louis Blériot was the first person to fly the English Channel. The flying surfaces of his monoplane were covered with Continental Aeroplan material. In the late 1920s, the company merged with major companies in the rubber industry to form “Continental Gummi-Werke AG”. In 1951 we commenced production of steel cord conveyor belts. In 1955, we were the first company to develop air springs for trucks and buses. Series production of belted tires began in 1960. Around 30 years later we brought the first environmentally friendly tires for passenger cars onto the market. In 1995 the Automotive Systems division was established to intensify the systems business with the automotive industry. We presented the key technology for hybrid drive systems back in 1997. Today, Continental ranks among the top 5 automotive suppliers worldwide. As a supplier of brake systems, systems and components for powertrains and chassis, instrumentation, infotainment solutions, vehicle electronics, tires and technical elastomers, Continental contributes to enhanced driving safety and global climate protection. Continental is also a competent partner in networked automobile communication. Click to learn more about Continental
Delivery & Return
TORZC ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for your destinations, you can update the location where you want to sent in the shopping basket before processing the actual payment. TORZC goods are generally shipped from warehouses located in Hong Kong or Canada. Orders are sold exclusive of any tax and may be subject to Customs Duties and Import Taxes upon arrival. More information on delivery
We will refund or exchange any item purchased from TORZC within the first 3 months of the origional date of purchase. Returned goods much be unused and supplied with their original packaging. TORZC will pay the return shipping costs for any faulty items. More information on our return policy
TORZC warrants its products to be free from materials or workmanship defects for a period of 18 months after the date of original purchase. If any quality issue occurs within the first 3 months of purchase, TORZC will replace the item free of charge. Limitations of warranty:
- The warranty does not cover the normal wear and tear associated with the intended application of the product.
- The warranty does not apply to damage caused by a crash, impact demage, abuse of the product or any circumstances in which the usage is not comply with manufacturers specifications or beyond the limit of its design.
- This warranty only applies to the original owner and is not transferable.
- Warranty does not apply to products that have been incorrectly installed.
- Using brake pads other than those supplied or purchased from TORZC may void your warranty.
- If any quality issue occurs within the first 3 months of purchase, TORZC will replace the item free of charge.
Note: When sending in an item for warranty, kindly remove all accessory attached to the item, including tires, tubs, rim tape, cassettes, skewers, computer magnets, etc.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.